Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Grocery Shopping 9/20/11

Tonight was grocery shopping. I'll post more about how I am saving money, but for now I just need to share my excitement about Aldi. If you have not been, you must check it out. It's a discount store that doesn't take coupons, only takes cash and debit cards (no credit), and carries about 95% store brands. But, you can score some great deals! Tonight, I scored all this for $14.02: mushrooms, 4 huge green peppers, pierogies, a box of Cheerio knock-offs, 2 pks of tortillas, pesto sauce, yogurt raisins, and a bag of chocolate chips. It was great! Thanks to a post on Money Saving Mom, I knew what to expect and planned accordingly. For your Aldi 101, check it out and be sure to read the comments for more helpful tips.

Stop and Shop was next, but mostly for the specialty items, so it was definitely more expensive. Just with buying sale items and using a couple of coupons, I went from $113.05 to $70.50. The pasta and oatmeal will go pretty far, and the B1G1 chicken is earmarked for a couple of recipes already: Chicken Tetrazzini and Chicken and Rice Casserole. The great part is that if I'm feeling really ambitious, I can make these meals ahead of time and freeze them for later. You'll notice I reference Money Saving Mom a lot here, but I receive no benefit to this. I just love everything she does. Haha.


"You know the only good thing about no soap is that you can smell hijackers a mile off!"
-Eli, "The Book of Eli"

No comments:

Post a Comment