Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Who Is Mara Dyer?

Watch the trailer and find out! 





Mara Dyer is the brainchild of my friend and favorite new writer, Michelle Hodkin. Her debut novel arrived on shelves today, and I ran out to buy it, even though I had the distinct pleasure of reading an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) a couple of months ago. It's an exciting, exhilarating story of well, who am I kidding? I'm no book reviewer. Just read it. It's frigging awesome. There's mystery, intrigue, lust, snark, and everything else you could want. And yes, it's a "Young Adult" book. Who cares? A good book is a good book. It doesn't need to be Tolstoy for you to enjoy it. Besides, I've never read Tolstoy and don't really care to. I have a Master's Degree and I thought it was great. I give you permission to read it.

I don't buy many books, since they can get expensive, and there are so many alternatives (the library, thrift stores, PaperBackSwap, etc), but I HAD to have this one in my greedy little hands. First of all, it's a beautiful book. Second of all, it's going to be getting a LOT of love. I like to read books over and over, so I just have to have my own copy sometimes. I mean, look at it! It just screams, "hold me!"

 
If I still haven't managed to convince you, go to MaraDyer.com and read the first chapter for FREE. Yes, free. I promise you will be hooked. Do it. Do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment